Want to join our team?
Job Point is a great place to work! We serve people from a wide variety of backgrounds, so our employees come from a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds, too. We are proud of our team and the work that they do. If you join our team, you’ll be joining a family of people who are dedicated to serving others, invested in the community and passionate about their work.
Why work at Job Point?
- Rewarding work – help others make significant life changes
- Flexible schedule
- Most staff have the ability to work remotely at least part of the time
What makes us different?
- Generous time off
- Longevity – Our team loves their work and it shows with staff with longevity
- Tangible proof of success when persons served meet their goals
- Customer service is priority one, and our staff are included in our customers
- We care about our staff and take care of them
- Family atmosphere; all voices are heard
Why We Serve Others
- We believe that all people are worthy of the same access to opportunity, employment and education or training.
- No matter what their background, we believe that employment and education are key factors in transforming a person’s life.
- We believe that our community as a whole benefits when all its citizens are given a chance to work, learn and grow into whole and fulfilled people.
- Jobs have the opportunity to create significant life changes for people.
- Competitive Salary
- Earned Time Off
- Health, Vision, Dental benefits for full time staff
Employee of the Year Story
Each year, Job Point selects its most valuable member. This decision is never easy and neither is our work. Many of our YouthBuild students come to us with a label of difficult learner, kid with a disability, unmotivated, and drop-out. Our 2019 shining star has the official title of Education Instructor, but Thom Lutz doesn’t consider himself a teacher. His approach with students is to simply talk with them, learning about their lives, and helping them overcome the labels society has placed on them. Once this is accomplished, completing the High School Equivalency Test becomes easy.
Thom’s compassion extends beyond the current students. He never turns away a former student still determined to get that diploma or a participant from another Job Point program. He also helps tirelessly with our bi-weekly service projects. As one staff member said, “He’s sort of like the mailman only his motto is ‘Neither rain, nor heat, nor humidity, nor grouchy students stop us from completion of our service projects’.”
Thom’s passion gets results. In his first 6 months, more students achieved their equivalency diploma than in the past two years. Thom, thank you for your dedication and determination to see our students succeed!
Testimonials from Other Employees
This is not a job, it has become a part of my life’s mission. I currently live in the KC area yet refuse to go to “work” in KC because my home/loyalty is to the work being done in Columbia, MO through Job Point”’
I have been at Job Point for over 6 years. I’ve been working in Social Services for almost 30 years and this is one of the most rewarding jobs. Job Point is an amazing company. We go out of our way to find ways to say ‘Yes, we can help’.”
Want to join our team?
Check our current Job Openings