Want to join our team?
View Job Point’s currently:
Available Staff Positions
Job Point is a great place to work! We serve people from a wide variety of backgrounds, so our employees come from a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds, too. We are proud of our team and the work that they do. If you join our team, you’ll be joining a family of people who are dedicated to serving others, invested in the community and passionate about their work.
Why work at Job Point?
- Rewarding work – help others make significant life changes
- Flexible schedule
- Most staff have the ability to work remotely at least part of the time
What makes us different?
- Generous time off
- Longevity – Our team loves their work and it shows with staff with longevity
- Tangible proof of success when persons served meet their goals
- Customer service is priority one, and our staff are included in our customers
- We care about our staff and take care of them
- Family atmosphere; all voices are heard
Why We Serve Others
- We believe that all people are worthy of the same access to opportunity, employment and education or training.
- No matter what their background, we believe that employment and education are key factors in transforming a person’s life.
- We believe that our community as a whole benefits when all its citizens are given a chance to work, learn and grow into whole and fulfilled people.
- Jobs have the opportunity to create significant life changes for people.
- Competitive Salary
- Earned Time Off
- Health, Vision, Dental benefits for full time staff
Employee of the Year
Each year, Job Point selects its most valuable member. This decision is never easy and neither is our work.
This year, we are pleased to acknowledge someone who consistently goes above and beyond. While completing Job Point’s Carpentry course Kenneth Petska quickly demonstrated the ability to lead and connect with the other students. His unique approach caught the eye of the instructors which led to him being asked to apply for an open construction instructor position. Instantly he hit the ground running! With inside information from a student’s perspective, he began utilizing that knowledge to revamp how students engaged on the worksite and in the classroom. His innovations and energy helped us reach a phenomenal 75% credential attainment rate for our YouthBuild grant. Additionally, he blazed the trail for our hybrid learning model by developing a process which allowed students to continue working towards the completion of their NCCER remotely. This was such a blessing during the pandemic. Seeing his transformation from student to invaluable staff member has been remarkable. Kenneth Petska not only does his job well, he is always willing to jump in and do more than his job description includes. When we occasionally experience gaps in roles such as bus driver or cook, Kenneth is quick to volunteer. He recently completed the Safe Serve Food Manger Certification training so that Job Point would be in compliance for our kitchen’s safety. We are eternally grateful for all the big and little things Kenneth does every day for Job Point and our students.
Testimonials from Other Employees
This is not a job, it has become a part of my life’s mission. I currently live in the KC area yet refuse to go to “work” in KC because my home/loyalty is to the work being done in Columbia, MO through Job Point”’
I have been at Job Point for over 6 years. I’ve been working in Social Services for almost 30 years and this is one of the most rewarding jobs. Job Point is an amazing company. We go out of our way to find ways to say ‘Yes, we can help’.”
Want to join our team?
Check our current Job Openings